Porcupine Bash – 10 Years Helping Michigan Veterans
The Porcupine Press is hosting its annual Porcupine Bash at Port Austin’s American Legion Hall on August 24th. This marks a milestone with over 10 years of hosting an event to collect gifts for Michigan veterans in V.A. Hospitals or V.A. rehabilitation or long term care homes.
Porcupine Bash Schedule of Events
The event starts at 10:30 am August 24th at the Port Austin American Legion Post #449 with registration for the All Vehicle Ride with A.B.A.T.E Region 7. Enjoy a donut and coffee while you drop off veterans gifts or supplies at the Legion Hall. Have fun with your gift by wrapping it up before you drop it off.
The event rolls to the Veterans Memorial Park at 11:30 am for a ceremony then continues on to Pinnebog for lunch at Heck’s Bar. The center of the known universe.
Festivities continue at 6:00 pm back at the American Legion with home-cooked polish dinner and music. Donation is $10 for adults and $5 for children under 10. Music by Autumn Gold starts at 7 pm. There are raffle and 50/50 drawings all evening long.
Wish List for Michigan Veterans – Priority Items
- Universal remotes for televisions
- Neck pillows
- AA and AAA rechargable batteries
- Writing materials
- Postage stamps
Clothing – Sizes L, XL, and 2XL. New
- Flannel pajamas
- Sweatsuits (Tops and Bottoms)
- Wide suspenders
- Gloves (For wheelchair members)
- New winter jackets
- New tennis shoes with Velcro lacing
- Mittens, gloves and winter hats
- Ankle and over the calf style socks
- Regular hankies
- Shaving cream
- Denture cleaner and adhesives
- Soft bristle toothbrushes and new toothpaste.
Entertainment and Reading
- Crossword puzzle books
- Word find books
- Reading material
- Audio Books
For more information or details on this event to help Michigan Veterans contact Robin at (906) 361-0269.
- Tips for a Day at Cheeseburger in Caseville
- Run Around in an Upper Thumb 5K
- Caseville’s Famous Pumpkin Festival
- M-25 Fall Road Trip Around the Thumb