fbpx

The Pier Based Coast Guard Harbor Beach Station

Coast Guard Station Sand Beach c1920

The original Coast Guard Station was a pier station built on the Jenk’s company dock in 1910 and incorporated a 50-foot lookout tower. The station seen in this picture was built on a concrete foundation 300 yards offshore in 1935. During World War II, the Harbor Beach Station served as a Coast Guard training facility … Read more