Each Saturday morning during the summer, the Port Austin farm market offers local locally grown produce, crafts and flea market items from all over the thumb. The weekly event is not hard to miss as it’s only a block away from the harbor. You can park just about anywhere in town and figure out where to go. So bring a bag or wagon and stock up for your weekend or for your week on the beach.
Find Treasure at the Farm Market
As one of the largest outdoor farm markets outside of the Detroit metro area, Port Austin’s Farmer’s market offers a wide variety of items.
- Fresh Produce
- Nursery, Potted and Bedding Annuals and Perennials
- Fish, Meat, Cheese, Eggs, Fresh Herbs
- Baked Goods, Maple Syrup, Honey, Jam, Seasonings
- Sauces, Dips, Salsa, Oils, Fudge
- Art and Handcrafted items
- Antiques & Collectibles
The market also includes live musical entertainment from the local area and throughout the Great Lakes region at the outdoor stage located at the north end of the farmers market. Bring a lawn chair or blanket, relax and enjoy the music while you take a break from shopping.
- Great Summer Burgers Start at Walt’s Meats – Summer residents of the greater Thumb Key North area already know where to pick up high-quality choice meat for your grill and deli items to round off your BBQ. We have seen this couple take a former sleepy butcher shop and create a gourmet grocery.
- History of the Cartwheel Inn – The Fireside Inn near Port Austin, Mi is our go-to place for large groups of people. With its fantastic pizza and large open space, it’s perfect for a family party. A couple of years ago I came across these two black and white shots for the Cartwheel Inn outside of Port Austin
- Fall Colors in Caseville Harbor – The Fall in Michigan seems incredibly short in recent years. Boats are still in the water as November rolls in. Will we the last one out of the water? It kind of sad an a bit lonely to be one of the last ones out of your slip in the Fall in Caseville harbor.
- Find Treasure at Port Austin’s Farmers Market – A beautiful Saturday morning at the Port Austin Farmers Market. One of the largest farmers markets outside of Detroit. It’s pure fun. Great produce, unique crafts and artisans, and fun shopping among many vendors. The local music is top notch.
- Steamy Coffee Spoof Video – Who knew drinking coffee could be so much fun. Found this video stacked up in our YouTube account collecting time alone and no hits. I thought it worthy of a dust-off. This is one college student’s method of making a Michigan coffee.