The original Coast Guard Station was a pier station built on the Jenk’s company dock in 1910 and incorporated a 50-foot lookout tower. The station seen in this picture was built on a concrete foundation 300 yards offshore in 1935. During World War II, the Harbor Beach Station served as a Coast Guard training facility … Read more
On the eastern edge of Michigan’s Thumb lies a lonely and very rocky cove on the shore of Lake Huron. The remote area sits on a layer of limestone that makes it hard to build on so it remains undeveloped to this day. It’s hard to imagine that this beautiful remote setting was the site for criminal activity during the time of Michigan Prohibition for over 12 years.