The middle of winter is celebrated and imbibed in the cold of February off the shores of the frozen Saginaw Bay. The 2017 Caseville Shanty Days Festival kicked off the 2017 year of fun in Key North.
It’s Shanty Days Silver Anniversary!
Don’t be left out in the cold. The 2017 Shanty Days in Caseville promised to be eventful even if the weather didn’t cooperate. Events are all weekend long at the Saginaw Bay Marina and the Caseville County Park including the popular Polar Bear dip cut from a hole in the ice at the marina. Two years ago the 2015 Caseville Shanty Days theme was “Let’s Get Flaky” which proved to be fun and matched with some of the crazy events over the three blustery days. 2015 was also the first time that the iconic event was postponed for a week due to sub-zero temperatures and blizzard conditions.
2017 Shanty Days Highlights
Friday Feb 17 – Caseville Eagles Open to the Public Located Behind Caseville True Value
- Fish Fry – Burgers, fish & additional menu items 5:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m.
- Karaoke 7 p.m.
Saturday Feb 18 – At Caseville Resort & Marina Events start at 11am and run all afternoon.
- Broom Ball competition
- Human Bowling
- Chick On A Stick 3 person race, 2 guys carry their gal.
- Winter Cardboard Sled Race – 2 person race.
- Build your sled out of cardboard & duct tape.
- Polar Bear Dip
Sunday, Feb 19 – Kids Day at Caseville Resort & Marina and Caseville Eagles. Various events for youth.
Related 2017 Caseville Shanty Days Reading
- Michigan Thumb Webcams to View
- Caseville Pumpkin Festival Rolls In This Weekend
- Port Austin Butterfly House and Gardens