Huron County Golf – In Michigan’s Upper Thumb
Course listing and ratings for public courses in Huron County.
Built in 1987, the tip of the “Thumb Area’s” finest daily fee club is both tranquil and challenging; from the time you start until your final putt is made on the last hole. At Bird Creek our landscape boasts gently rolling terrain that winds through tree-lined fairways. It is not uncommon for players to glimpse the gorgeous native wild fowls that call this area of the country home.
• Blue: yards 6508 , rating 71.2, slope 128
• White: yards 6003, rating 69, slope 122
• Gold: yards 5666, rating 67, slope 118
• Gold Ladies: yards 5666, rating 72.4, slope 123
• Red: yards 4812, rating 67.7, slope 111
Directions: Bird Creek Golf Course
5848 Griggs Rd. Caseville, MI 48725
Caseville Golf Course is a 9 hole golf course open to the public. Family owned and operated since 1963. Caseville Golf Course measures 2810 yards from the longest tees and has a slope rating of 119.
Directions: Caseville Golf Course
Designed by James and Thomas Matteson, the course opened in 1974. Century Oaks Golf Club is a nine hole regulation length course open to the public. Designed by James and Thomas Matteson, the course opened in 1974 and features all of the hallmarks of Michigan golf. Full service clubhouse. Open for outdoor winter activities including snowshoeing and cross-country skiing.
• Blue: yards 2942 rating 68, slope 126
• White: yards 2784, rating 124, slope 66.8
• Red: yards 2217, rating 120, slope 67.4
Directions: Century Oaks Golf Course
Par 71 championship golf course will provide a challenge for every level of play in a unique up north setting. Only four miles from Caseville. PGA Professional on staff offers private and group lessons, junior golf camps, club fittings and a full line of name brand merchandise and golf equipment in Pro Shop. The 19th Hole Restaurant offers a Lunch & Dinner menu and banquet facilities.
• Blue: yards 6166 , rating 69.6, slope 123
• White: yards 5699, rating 67.5, slope 118
• Gold: yards 5167, rating 65.5, slope 112
• Gold Ladies: yards 5167, rating 70.2, slope 122
• Red: yards 4579, rating 66.9, slope 117
Directions: Scenic Golf and Country Club
2409 E. Atwater Rd. Ubly, MI 48475 USA
Ubly Heights Golf & Country Club opened in 1997 and has continued to thrill golfers ever since. This 18 hole 7003 yard championship layout features mounding terrain and tall heather grasses common to links style designs.
• Blue: 7003 yards, rating 72.7, slope 125
• White: 6417 yards, rating 70.3, slope 123
• Red: 5855 yards, rating 72.7, slope 118
Directions: Ubly Heights Golf Course
Established in 1924, the naturally undulating countenance of Verona Hills Golf Club is a source of local pride. This regal, rambling, 6500-yard gem is discreetly tucked in the heart of Michigan’s Thumb area, Pro shop on premises.
• Blue: 6497 yards, rating 72.6, slope 127
• White: 6148 yards, rating 70.8, slope 126
• Gold: 5715 yards, rating 68.8, slope 119
• Gold Ladies: 5715 yards, rating 74.5, slope 132
• Red: 5132 yards, rating 71.1, slope 133
Directions: Verona Hills Golf Club