Walt’s Restaurant 1966
- Lyndon Johnson was president
- A first class stamp was a nickel
- Notre Dame & Michigan State tied for the NCAA football title
- Walt’s Restaurant began in Caseville.
An institution in the Upper Thumb and owned by the same family for 50 years the restaurant celebrated its golden anniversary in 2016. Favored by locals and sought out by tourists, Walt’s is considered one of the top breakfast places in the Thumb. The servers can come with an attitude that can come off as snarky but is good-natured. Offers good American style breakfast with homemade bread and jams.
Insider hint; its cash only but an ATM is across the street, If you really want a hamburger at 8 am they can set you up.
- Best Breakfast Places in the Upper Thumb
- Shocker, the Best Cheeseburger is Not in Caseville
- Bay Port’s Fish Sandwich Festival