Port Austin offers a wide range of accommodations. From romantic rooming at a bed & breakfast, cozy cottages, to beachfront suites there is accommodation for a long weekend to a month of vacation days. As a year-round destination, we looked for the top places to stay in Port Austin that are often ignored by the large travel websites. Port Austin offers a quiet respite from the summer crowds during the offseason. This listing is in no particular order.
Images and Rating comments are sampled from publicly available social media. All information is correct at the time of publishing but not guaranteed. Check with the proprietor for details.
Lake Street Manor B&B
Built in the late 1800’s by a lumber baron, its served as a private residents until 1986 when it was transformed into a Bed & Breakfast. Offering a full or continental breakfast in the dining room or garden pavilion. Other amenities include a hot tub, fireplace, WiFi, and a sitting room for cards and games. Each room has air conditioning.
- Rooms: 5
- Website: LakeStreetManor.com
- Phone: 989-738-7720
- Address: 8569 Lake Street, Port Austin, Michigan 48467
Great stay & wonderful host!
Breakfast was terrific as well!
Lake Vista Motel & Resort
Located on the waterfront in Port Austin. The resort offers classic motel rooms, cottages and deluxe suites. Enjoy the beach or lounge in the pool and enjoy great views of the lighthouse and harbor.
- Rooms: 29
- Website: Lakevistaresort.com
- Phone: 989-738-8612
- Address: 168 West Spring Street, Port Austin, Michigan 48467
“Cottage was exceptionally clean & spacious.”
We loved the views, walks, and just sitting on the bench enjoying the water. We’ll definitely be coming back, can’t wait!
Sunset Beach Cottages
Your vacation destination when looking for places to stay in Port Austin. A family-friendly seasonal resort with 8 waterfront units on beautiful Saginaw Bay. A large elevated sundeck overlooks a sprawling 150 ft. sandy beach. Bring your laptop and run your business on their Wi-Fi network.
- Rooms: 8
- Website: SunsetBeachCottagesmi.com
- Phone: 989-550-7363
- Address: 3478 Port Austin Road, Port Austin, Michigan 48467
“What a great getaway!”
These cottages were exactly what we were looking for. The views and sunsets are unforgettable.
Beachcomber Motel and Suites
The Beachcomber offers a variety of accommodations to serve your needs, including motel rooms, oversized motel rooms, and 2 bedroom suites. Located right on the beach and close to the harbor your steps away from the center of town and the lake. The motel’s private white sandy beach is perfect for a day on the beach or romantic sunset walks over Saginaw Bay.
- Rooms: 17
- Website: Beachcomberpa.com
- Phone: 989-738-8354
- Address: 158 West Spring Street, Port Austin, Michigan 48467
Great people, clean and recently remodeled, I always recommend them to all my Charity Island Excursion customers.
Capt. Tom Carriveau
Little Yellow Cottages
The Little Yellow Cottages in Port Austin are six cute one and two bedroom cottages located near Downtown. Steps away to the Port Austin Farmers Market and all the shops and galleries. Each cottage feature a screened in porch, a living room with TV and soft seating, a full kitchen and a private bath with shower.
- Cottages: 6
- Website: Little YellowCottages.com
- Phone: 989-402-4813
- Address: 113 Union Street, Port Austin, Michigan 48467
“Things and places to go are conveniently close.”
We each have our own space to retreat to, yet we all have a common place to gather.
Mary and Diane
The Garfield Inn B&B
Featured in our post; “Garfield Inn, Pioneer Elegance In The North” Visitors step back into this Presidential retreat of the 1800s. Sleep in one of six era appointed rooms. Stroll among three acres of Victorian gardens and lush landscaping. The first floor dining room and bar offers some of the finest farm to table fare around. WiFi and in-room controlled heat and air.
- Rooms: 6
- Website: TheGarfieldInn.com
- Phone: 989-738-5254
- Address: 8544 Lake Street, Port Austin, Michigan 48467
“Historic charm and beautiful antiques”
Awesome breakfast. Very comfortable bed/ room.
The Blue Spruce & Lucky Horseshoe Motels
The Blue Spruce and Lucky Horseshoe Motels are located in the center of town. Only three blocks from the Harbor. Its one if the ideal places to stay in Port Austin. Twenty eight motel rooms, cabins and a three bedroom cottage are nestled over 2 acres with free WI-FI. The pool and fire pit area is located between the Blue Spruce and the Lucky Horseshoe.
- Rooms: 28
- Website: Blue Spruce Hotel
- Phone: 989-738-8650
- Address: 8527 Lake Street, Port Austin, Michigan 48467
“It was great! Perfect location!”
Our cabin was brand new! Beautiful inside!! I’d love to go back!
Lakeside Motor lodge
Located a block from the harbor of Lake Huron in downtown Port Austin. Lakeside Motor Lodge is focal point located in the center of town. Lounge by a heated pool, play shuffleboard or make a cozy fire.
- Rooms: 35
- Website: Lakeside Motor Lodge
- Phone: 989-738-5201
- Address: 8654 Lake Street, Port Austin, Michigan 48467
“This place is the best vacation spot!”
Port Austin Motel
Perfect for a weekend or a week. Queen rooms with air, mini fridge, and coffee maker. Suites have two separate bedrooms, each with a double bed. The common area hosts a living room, dinette and a fully equipped kitchen. Jacuzzi suite is available. Note – This motel is not be currently open.
- Rooms: 11
- Website: Port Austin Motel
- Phone: Unknown
- Address: 8761 Larned Road, Port Austin, Michigan 48467
Sandcastles on the Beach
This classic seasonal motel and resort is a perfect beach get-a-way. The resort has six fully furnished condos with a fantastic parklike setting on 200 feet of beach on Lake Huron. Wi-Fi is available.
- Rooms: 18
- Website: Sandcastles on the Beach
- Phone: 989-738-4200
- Address: 1368 Port Austin Road, Port Austin, Michigan 48467
“Best time ever!”
Sun & Sand Motel
This year around motel located in beautiful Port Austin, the Sun-n-Sand Motel offers high quality accommodation at an affordable price as a place to stay near Port Austin. Wi-Fi is available.
- Rooms: 17
- Website: Sun and Sand Motel
- Phone: 989-738-7513
- Address: 891 Port Austin Road, Port Austin, Michigan 48467
Other Great Reading – Our Latest Posts About the Upper Thumb
- A Lost Lumber and Company Town – New River MichiganOn the shores of Lake Huron near the tip of Michigan’s Thumb is a well appointed cottage community that used to be a thriving company lumber town. New River Michigan as been almost erased by time and nature.
- Laid Off Thumb Restaurant Workers Due to COVID Can Get $1,650 Employee Assistance GrantsThe Michigan Restaurant & Lodging Association Educational Foundation announced it would administer the Employee Assistance Grants’ application process. Employees impacted by the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services Gathering and Face Mask Order that took effect on November 18, … Read more
- Put Out Winter Feeders, But Beware of Sick BirdsNow is the time to place winter bird feeders. We are seeing an unusual pattern of northern finches some into Michigan. But beware of sick birds because of this migration.