The Michigan Thumb newspaper Tuscola Today carried a story, “Bigfoot Roaming the Cass? Video Raises the Question.” on July 21. It shows a screenshot and short video clip of the alleged Sasquatch from a person kayaking on the Cass River. Bigfoot sightings have been reported in many locations around the Saginaw Bay Area over the years.
The clip is less than five seconds and shows an upright creature in the river carrying something. Sources indicate that the video was taken near the M-46 bridge in Tuscola County’s Juniata Township. Bigfoot is not the only creature tromping around the country. Like the mysterious big foot, find out about the mysterious creatures that are called skinwalkers
Caro resident Wayne King indicated that this isn’t the first sighting of the creature in the area. In the 1970s, King reported seeing one near Enos Park near M-46 and Sheridan Road. He said it was about 7 feet tall and well over 500 pounds. In addition, King said he had collected about 30 other reports of bigfoot sightings in or near Tuscola County.
Other Sightings of Bigfoot in Michigan
King operates the Michigan/Canadian Bigfoot Information Center. The site noted that the last sighting in Sanilac County was in 1993-94, approximately 7 miles west of Marlette. Reports included sightings, footprints of an apparent juvenile Bigfoot. There was an altercation with a large creature and three creatures were then seen leaving the scene through a field of tall corn.
King’s site has collected sightings from 17 Michigan counties. Many seem to be clustered around Saginaw Bay including Oscoda, Bay County, and Port Huron.
Bigfoot sightings, while unique are not uncommon. The online newspaper the Sun reported that more than 10,000 people have insisted they’ve seen the mythical being over the past 50 years.
These Bigfoot sightings in the Cass River make for an interesting story and add to the bit of folklore in the Thumb.
Related Stories of Monsters and Mysteries in Michigan
- Does the Great Lakes Have Its Own Version of Stonehenge?
- Monsters and Creature Sightings in the Great Lakes
- The Dying Sparlings – A Real Murder Mystery in the Michigan Thumb
- The Mystery Of The Holes At Rush Lake
- 8 Haunted And Spooky Sites To Visit In Michigan’s Thumb
- Was The Mouth Of The Pigeon River An Orchard Before Caseville Was Settled?
- Haunted Bay Port Michigan – Quiet Spirits
- The Legend Of The Caseville Michigan Grave Robbers
- A Castle And Michigan Indian Gold In The Thumb
- 1913 Great Lakes Storm: The White Hurricane