Draken Harald Hårfagre Viking Ship
The Draken Harald Hårfagre visited the Great Lakes in 2016. The Vikings were accomplished navigators, artisans, traders and storytellers, but their greatest contribution was seafaring and the the ships they built. The ship has a traditional dragon’s head and tail and is richly ornamented with patterns found in excavations. It’s the largest ocean going Viking ship in modern times. Here are some key shots from Bay City visit.
Featured Image from the http://www.drakenexpeditionamerica.com/ site
- Bay City Shipping in the 1800s
- Michigan Forest Fires in the 1800s Devastate the Thumb
- Cheeseburger in Caseville 2015
- Pause to Huron County’s Wind Development
- Official Site of the Ship
2 thoughts on “Draken Harald Hårfagre – Bay City Michigan 2016”
Great grid of photos.