Caseville’s Winter Fun Weekend
The Caseville Chamber of Commerce has announced the weekend of February 15-16, 2019 for the 27th edition of Shanty Days. This offers mid-winter fun on the ice. It’s the largest winter carnival in the Upper Thumb.
Friday’s Shanty Day Events
- Starting at 11:00 AM – At the Caseville Eagles Club located Behind Caseville True Value. Burgers, fish & additional menu items 5:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m.
- Starting at 9:00 PM – Live Entertainment – Dufty’s Blue Water Inn
- Starting at 9:00 PM. – D.J. & Dancing, Jager Girls, Free Give Aways. Drink Specials. Free pool & dartboard Bella Vista Boardwalk – Grill & Lounge. Just East of Caseville
Saturday Shanty Day Events
- Starting at 11:00 AM – Broom Ball – Sponsored by Caseville Area Chamber of Commerce & Caseville Township Park & Recreation Committee Harbor St. (near the break wall)
- From 11:00 am to 4:00 pm – 7th Annual Antique and Vintage Snowmobile Show, Memorial Park Downtown. Warming Fire Pits)
- Starting at 11:00 am at the Caseville Resort and Marina
- Snow Potato Race
- NEW Snow Shopping Race – Following Snow Potato Race – This is a two-person race. Awards are given.
- NEW Ski-Group-Di-Doup Race – This is a four-person team race. Awards are given.
- Polar Bear Dip – The Highlight of the Games
- From 1:00 to 3:00 PM – Chili Cook-Off Contest – Registration 12:30 p.m. Sample & be a judge with a Shanty Day Button – 1st Place $50 2nd $30 & plaques –Chili Available for purchase – Caseville Resort & Marina Harbor St.
- From 1:00 to 3:00 pm – Game-A-Rama – 6733 Prospect St. – Caseville Historical Museum
- 1:30 pm – Doubles Pool & Dart Board Tournament – Duftys Blue Water Inn
- 2:00 to 4:00 pm – NEW “Polar Bear Pong” Chuck’s Coffee in Caseville
- 3:00 to 5:00 pm – Family Bingo, Lefty’s Diner
- 7:00 pm – Crazy Cap Contest, Show that crazy cap or hat. Harbor Street near the break wall.
- 7:00 am to 5:00 pm – Ice Fishing Contest – Sponsored by Walsh’s Gun & Tackle – Download form
- 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm – Caseville Shanty Days 2019 Raffle Drawing – Winners are drawn at the Caseville Chamber office. Tickets available at Chamber office, Caseville True Value, Caseville Family Market & other local businesses. 1st Prize – $500 / 2nd $250 / 3rd $100. If 800 tickets not sold, the drawing will revert to a 50/50 raffle 1st 35% 2nd 10% 3rd $50. MI Lic.# 50527.
- Caseville’s 25th Anniversary of Shanty Days in 2017
- Caseville Shanty Days 2018
- Coldest Shanty Days Ever
- Things Got “Flaky” at Shanty Days in 2015