The Caseville Chamber of Commerce had its weekend of February 16-18, 2018 for winter Shanty Days. This is the event’s 26th year of mid-winter fun on the ice. It’s the largest winter carnival in Michigan’s Upper Thumb.
2018 Shanty Day Events Friday
The Warm Up to Shanty Days. The city welcomes visitors with special events for the festival.
- Starting at 11:00 AM at the Caseville Eagles Club located Behind Caseville True Value. Burgers, fish & additional menu items 5:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m.
- Starting at 6:00 PM Live Music – Mike Shilakes at the Wooded Island Sports Grill
- Starting at 9:00 PM. Free Comedy Show at the Caseville Eagles Club
- Starting at 9:00 PM. D.J. & Dancing, Jager Girls, Free Give Aways. Drink Specials. Free pool & dartboard Bella Vista Boardwalk – Grill & Lounge. Just East of Caseville
- Starting at 9:00 PM. Live Entertainment Dufty’s Blue Water Inn
Saturday Caseville Shanty Days Schedule
- Starting at 11:00 AM *Broom Ball – Sponsored by Caseville Area Chamber of Commerce & Caseville Township Park & Recreation Committee Harbor St. (near the breakwall)
- Starting at 11:00 AM * Human Bowling – *NEW Shanty Days Winter Games – * Polar Bear Dip Plaques awarded. Caseville Resort & Marina
- From 11:00 to 4:00 PM 6th Annual Antique and Vintage Snowmobile Show
Starting at 1:00 PM NEW Corn Hole Tournament – Harbor St. (near the breakwall)
- From 1:00 to 3:00 PM * Chili Cook-Off Contest – Registration 12:30 p.m. Sample & be a judge with a Shanty Day Button – Chili Available for purchase – Caseville Class of 2018 NEW LOCATION Caseville Resort & Marina Harbor St.
- From 1:00 to 3:00 PM Checkers Tournament -Historical Society of Caseville/ Museum
- From 1 to 4:00 PM Kids Cookie & Craft Fun – Kids come decorate your own Shanty Day cookie & make a handmade craft to take home with you. * Plus warm up with Free Hot Cocoa. Wooded Island Sports Grill
- From 1:30 PM – Doubles Pool & Dart Board Tournament – Dufty’s Blue Water Inn
- From 2 to 4:00 PM NEW “Polar Bear Pong” – Bay Wash Coin Laundey, 6966 Main St.
- From 3 to 5:00 PM – Family Bingo – Lefty’s Diner 6937 Main St.
- From 7 PM Live Music – Kuuze Kontrol – Wooded Island Sports Grill
- From 7:00 PM *Crazy Cap Contest -Come enjoy the fun and show off that crazy cap or hat. Sponsored by Wooded Island Sports Grill Entertainment & Beer Tent Harbor St. (near breakwall)
- 8:30 PM FIREWORKS – Caseville Harbor
Related Shanty Day Stories of the Past
- Coldest Shanty Days Ever
- Caseville’s 25th Shanty Days February 2017
- Great Cheeseburger’s Start at Walt’s Meat
- A New Michigan Distillery to Savor in the Thumb