Berne to Pigeon
There is no definite record about how the town of Pigeon Michigan was named. The town began because the Saginaw, Tuscola, Huron Railroad established a crossing there that was called Berne. Some maps list the two as separate stops. Later the name was changed to Pigeon, and it’s possible that at one time huge flocks of passenger pigeons (now extinct) migrated over that area.
Today Pigeon is part of the largest concentration of wind energy production in the Great Lakes region. Pigeon sits among 472 operating wind turbines or 44% of total operating in the state.
- Scenic Travel in the 1940’s
- Pinnebog General Store
- Caseville History of Industry
- The legend of the Polly Ann Railroad