Port Sanilac Lighthouse – Beacon for the Shore of Michigan's Thumb

Port Sanilac Lighthouse

Port Sanilac Lighthouse built-in 1886 on the eastern shore of Michigan’s Thumb. It served the 60-mile shore between Fort Gratiot and Harbor Beach Light.

Advertisements

Fort Gratiot Light Station – Guarding Southern Lake Huron Since 1829

Ft-Gratiot-Lighthouse-Duplex

Fort Gratiot light was built in April 1829. It was situated north of an older tower light that has collapsed into the St. Clair river after a violent storm. The tower was constructed of brick to the height of 65 feet. In 1862 the height was increased to 82 feet to match the focal point of  a new 4th order Fresnel lens.