Day Trip to Cheeseburger in Caseville
Its official, the Huron Daily Tribune estimates that over 100,000 people will visit Caseville during its 10-day Cheeseburger festival. It’s a family friendly event during the day but offers a bit of craziness that true Parrot Heads appreciate. Here are some hints provided by those who frequent the event each year.
- Be Prepared – This includes having your own water, a rain jacket, and comfortable walking shoes. Have a small backpack with snacks, sunscreen and even a change of clothes. Double on this point if your bringing kids!!
- Gas Up Before You Arrive – If you’re getting here on fumes gas up in Elkton, Kinde, Bay Port, Port Austin or Bad Axe. The main street in Caseville gets busy and packed. You will feel better knowing you can get out without waiting an hour in line for a few gallons of gas.
- Set Up a Base Camp – Park your car and plan on walking around. Park a few blocks away from Main so you can get easily in and out. Parking is crazy in the Caseville County Park or near Main Street. Do not park on someone’s lawn.
- Do Not Drink on the Street – This is not New Orleans Mardi Gras. Open alcohol containers are a no-no. You will see the un-informed with an open beer walking down the street. They are a target for a ticket. Drink in designated areas.
- Be Informed of Events – Bookmark our Event Calendar on your Smartphone. Its FREE and will be updated as
Set up For the Parade of Fools Early – This is the highlight of the whole festival. By late morning on Wednesday, you should claim a spot for your clan with chairs and ribbon. Be cool about it. There will be 50,000 friends with you.
Support Your Local Firefighters – The Caseville Fire Department only offers its famous Firehouse Burgers on the first Saturday of the festival. It’s for a great cause and they are delicious.
Use the Porta Pottys – Guys and Gals, public urination will get you arrested. Fortunately, there are hundreds of portal toilets.
Relax and Have Fun – Make a new friend, help a senior citizen, take crazy pictures and post. Its Key North and the best part of the summer.
Plan B – Do Something Else – If you or your kids have had enough #CheeseburgerFest and crowds, try something else. Our 13 Things to Do When You’re Bored with Cheeseburger in Caseville has several fresh ideas.