Fort Gratiot Mi Lighthouse – Guarding Southern Lake Huron Since 1829
Fort Gratiot light was built in April 1829. It was situated north of an older tower light that has collapsed into the St. Clair river after a violent storm. The tower was constructed of brick to the height of 65 feet. In 1862 the height was increased to 82 feet to match the focal point of a new 4th order Fresnel lens.