Listing and ratings for the top golf courses for Huron, Sanilac, and Tuscola Counties of Michigan.
7850 N. Van Dyke PO Box 484 Port Austin, MI 48467
Built-in 1987, the tip of the “Thumb Area’s” finest daily fee club is both tranquil and challenging; from the time you start until your final putt is made on the last hole. At Bird Creek, the landscape boasts gently rolling terrain that winds through tree-lined fairways. It is not uncommon for players to glimpse the gorgeous native wild fowls that call this area of the country home. It’s a fine example of the finest in Huron County Golf.
- Blue: yards 6508, rating 71.2, slope 128
- White: yards 6003, rating 69, slope 122
- Gold: yards 5666, rating 67, slope 118
- Gold Ladies: yards 5666, rating 72.4, slope 123
- Red: yards 4812, rating 67.7, slope 111
Directions: Bird Creek Golf Course
5848 Griggs Rd. Caseville, MI 48725
Caseville Golf Course is a 9 hole golf course open to the public. Family owned and operated since 1963. Caseville Golf Course measures 2810 yards from the longest tees and has a slope rating of 119.
Directions: Caseville Golf Course
4570 Pigeon Rd. Elkton, MI 48731
Designed by James and Thomas Matteson, the course opened in 1974. Century Oaks Golf Club is a nine-hole regulation-length course open to the public. Designed by James and Thomas Matteson, the course opened in 1974 and features all of the hallmarks of Michigan golf. Full-service clubhouse. Open for outdoor winter activities including snowshoeing and cross-country skiing.
- Blue: yards 2942 rating 68, slope 126
- White: yards 2784, rating 124, slope 66.8
- Red: yards 2217, rating 120, slope 67.4
Directions: Century Oaks Golf Course
8364 W. Filion Rd. Pigeon, MI 48755
Par 71 championship golf course will provide a challenge for every level of play in a unique up north setting. Only four miles from Caseville. PGA Professional on staff offers private and group lessons, junior golf camps, club fittings and a full line of name brand merchandise and golf equipment in Pro Shop. The 19th Hole Restaurant offers a Lunch & Dinner menu and banquet facilities.
- Blue: yards 6166, rating 69.6, slope 123
- White: yards 5699, rating 67.5, slope 118
- Gold: yards 5167, rating 65.5, slope 112
- Gold Ladies: yards 5167, rating 70.2, slope 122
- Red: yards 4579, rating 66.9, slope 117
Directions: Scenic Golf and Country Club
2409 E. Atwater Rd. Ubly, MI 48475 USA
Ubly Heights Golf & Country Club opened in 1997 and has continued to thrill golfers ever since. This 18 holes 7003-yard championship layout features mounding terrain and tall heather grasses common to links-style designs.
• Blue: 7003 yards, rating 72.7, slope 125
• White: 6417 yards, rating 70.3, slope 123
• Red: 5855 yards, rating 72.7, slope 118
Directions: Ubly Heights Golf Course
3175 Sand Beach Rd. Bad Axe, MI 48413
Established in 1924, the naturally undulating countenance of Verona Hills Golf Club is a source of local pride. This regal, rambling, 6500-yard gem is discreetly tucked in the heart of Michigan’s Thumb area, Pro shop on-premises.
- Blue: 6497 yards, rating 72.6, slope 127
- White: 6148 yards, rating 70.8, slope 126
- Gold: 5715 yards, rating 68.8, slope 119
- Gold Ladies: 5715 yards, rating 74.5, slope 132
- Red: 5132 yards, rating 71.1, slope 133
Directions: Verona Hills Golf Club