Growing up just north of Detroit I took it for granted of some of our great iconic foods like Coney Island hot dogs, deep dish Sicilian pizza and the ethnic neighborhoods of Hamtramck, Greektown, Corktown and Mexican village. Now the Food Network had finally found us. Wait until they drive up Van Dyke. Detroit is becoming home to some of the most innovative dining in the midwest.
National Recognition for Detroit Food Trends
Detroit has been getting press as one of the best food cities in North America. National Geographic featured Detroit food trends as part of the 6 Unexpected Cities for the Food Lover. Detroit’s Corktown eateries were the only North American spot named globally. The late Anthony Bourdain loved some of Detroit hot spots and this visual tour of the food scene why.
- Let Anthony Bourdain Help You Understand Why Detroit Is Everyone’s New Favorite Food City — UPROXX
- Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown Detroit
Anthony Bourdain –
Detroit isn’t just a national treasure. It IS America. And wherever you may live, you wouldn’t be there — and wouldn’t be who you are in the same way — without Detroit.
- Five Overlooked Michigan Food Companies
- Michigan Ingredient – Veggie Chili
- Low Brow Foodie – Gibby’s Fries
- Michigan True Cocktail – Hot Toddy