Watch 35 Years Growth in Michigan’s Thumb
Amazingly you can now see how Michigan’s Upper Thumb region has changed in the past 30 years. Google’s Earth Engine gives a global time-lapse view built from annual composites of Landsat satellite images. Watch the growth of Michigan’s Thumb across Huron County’ s landscape beginning as early as 1984.
Zoom In For Detail and See Changing Landscape
Once you click on and view the map you can zoom into any specific area growth of Michigan’s Thumb. Watch trees disappear and new buildings appear. I was amazed at the increase in tree cover at Sleeper State Park and the growth of Caseville.
You can change the view to any part of the world. The Engine does show startling changes of building and growth in Southeast Michigan and near our major cities.
About the Michigan Thumb Region
- Estimated population of Huron County 2019: 33,116
- Median Household Income of Huron County 2017 $45,191
- Households with a computer, percent, 2013-2017: 79.8%
- Persons over 65 years of age in household: 25.1%
- A Castle and Ancient Inca Gold Near Oak Beach
- The Story of How Bad Axe Almost Lost Its Name
- What to Know Before Kayaking to Turnip Rock
- ThumbWind Embraces Accessibility