Advertisements

Wind Farm Remorse

Mike Hardy

Author of a fun loving and event blog covering topics of the Upper Thumb of Michigan , the wind energy capital of the Great Lakes. Offering great trove of information on Wind Energy, Cheeseburger in Caseville, Saginaw Bay, Sailing.

You may also like...

11 Responses

1. Wow. That’s terrible. All that power for other people. Limits must be set. I hope that the people of Huron County stand together to stop the madness. Thank you for the update. Dan

• Dawn Davis says:

I’m afraid you are uninformed. Industrial wind sites do not produce a lot of energy and none that is needed. In reality, the sites are only producing, probably 30% of what you were promised before they turned on. That 30% is not needed and is always backed up with coal/gas running in the background…that it, until all the coal plants are shuttered. I hope you look forward to electricity rates that skyrocket up to 3-4 x the current rates because that is what is coming. Don’t believe it? Look at what has happened overseas in Germany, Denmark, etc. Here in the USA, the states with the most wind energy pays the highest rates, too. This is a scam

• ThumbWind says:

Hi Dawn, First thanks for the comment. Where can we look at some references to support your claim? I think the tenor of the article was that residents are looking to limit further growth in turbine construction. Also I question your assertion that its not needed. Once generated and “on the grid” energy is available within that power grid infrastructure regardless of source. Thanks for stopping by.

• Hello Dawn. I think you have maybe miss read what I was saying. I said that its terrible. We must stand together on limiting the amounts that get erected. I agree with your stand point on the issues you mentioned. I will try be more clear in the future to avoid any further miss understandings. Dan

2. Jeanne Henry says:

Initially, I thought wind energy would be great here in the Thumb. But I soon learned first-hand the utility “suits” we’re lying about the process of gaining land access. At public meetings they were dismissive & impatient with us rural “rubes” who questioned their ethics. Now we’re truly an industrial zone by day and our starry skies are blighted with 100s of blinking FAA red lights. Meanwhile we suffer more sustained power outages, surges & appliance damage. We’re not happy.

3. lucy says:

All people do is complain. You complain when there is no work and to bring new jobs. New jobs come to the area and you complain about rhat too. You will never be pleased, so grow with the new style of jobs that someday your children may be working and feeding your grandchildren by.

4. s/v sionna says:

The residents would, perhaps, prefer a nice quiet nuclear plant in their back yards?

5. nobama666 says:

Studies have shown that these monstrosities useful lives are only half of what they claim. 12 years

6. barrrf says:

LOL – “Pristine Farmland”. Ahhhh yes, the beauty of miles of corn and soy and hay. WHY WOULD WE EVER WANT TO RUIN THAT?!?!

Please cut it out already. Farm land is about the most boring thing ever to look at. IF energy companies were sprouting turbines up on top of waterfalls or in front of Mount Rushmore, then maybe file a complaint.

I dont get it. Everyone wants clean energy unless they can see it. Those farmers are getting paid to have those turbines there. Ask them what they think about those turbines being on their land.

7. Bela says:

Barrf, if these non-participating residents were just “seeing clean energy” that would be one thing. However, because of wind developer’s lack of concern for proper setbacks from adjacent property lines, these residents are FEELING the impact of being too close to 600′ industrial machinery 24/7. Until you’ve actually lived in proximity to these machines, your comments have little merit.